Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What happened Google?

It has been beautiful outdoors this last week, and so I use a pretty shade of golden yellow to represent the sunlight that has been gracing our porch lately!

Alright Google, whats the matter??  I absolutely CAN NOT access blogger, or google.com from my desktop computer.  Gmail is perfectly fine.  Double-U, Tee, Eff???  I like using my desktop for doing my blog.  Much easier than scalding my lap with my laptop as it heats up and has no where to displace the heat.  On a side note, I have started spinning with my spindle... Like... All the time!  Love it while I wait for my spinning wheel.  I have this pretty pink and purple dyed roving I bought a long time ago when I purchased my spindle, but have never done anything with it.  Now is its time to shine!  I got a fair amount spun this week, so much I had to take it off and wind it on a cardboard toilet paper tube.  Yes, sounds disturbing, but not as bad as you'd think.  And yes, it is recycling as well.  I saved a bunch of cardboard tubes to use as seed starting pots, but got lazy and left them where I put them by the garage door.  So when my spindle got too full, I transferred the single plyed yarn onto it.  Now to make another bit so I can ply them together! Sa-weeet!

I am so excited to be getting a spinning wheel.  I ordered it on Sunday after I got my gift card, but it hasn't shipped out yet.  Or at least if it did, the update was never posted.  I am going to wait patiently until tomorrow after I see the UPS guy drive through our neighborhood.... And if he doesn't stop at our house, I am going to call and ask "WTF man?!  Website said shipped out in 24 hours... email said 48, unless something like 'sold out' happened, but that I'd get an email!"  Maybe their shipping person is sick or on vacation.  Maybe the wheel was sold just minutes prior to my purchase, and they're secretly out of stock in the mahogany color.  If that were the case I'd totally tell them to go ahead and send me either the Walnut or refund me the extra $ and I'd get the unfinished and finish it myself.  But any sort of communication would be super duper nice right now.  

See, I'm in the middle of what I have dubbed as "Exhaustion week".  AKA I helped my brother move Thurs thru Sat (even after work!), worked Friday & Saturday, Sunday was a big hoopla with the Easter and Birthday celebrations (all day event), then 3 more days of work, and now tests and school, and children activities tomorrow, as well as being shark week for me... Hormonal as all get out, which means I'm ANGRY.  Not at anything or anyone in particular, but just plain old angry.  Everything is making me angry.  Drivers, my dog, my cat, my family, some random stranger walking thru a parking lot.  I am just ANGRY.  And LOUD because I'm ANGRY.  Its rough, and I'm trying not to be LOUD at the family, but some times, like right now I just want to holler at the top of my lungs.  I have gone out for lots of walks, and am thinking maybe an hour to walk and contemplate by myself tomorrow would be wonderful... BUT.  All those activities! GAH!  Oh, wait, my husband has tomorrow off.  Hmmm... maybe if it is still nice outside.  But of course, with my luck it is saying it is going to rain.  Oh and not to mention that my phone died last week, took 3 days to get a new phone, and 3 more days to get the # transferred over.  Just. A. Pain.


No real knitting to speak of this week.  Got frustrated because I started a project for a friend who wanted a pair of hand knit socks.  Then she up and disappeared, hasn't spoken with me for over a month now.  Found out she moved without so much as a goodbye.  Guess I can sell the socks on Etsy or something.  Maybe.  These were specially altered to fit her.  Was in the process of knitting the feet of her socks.  Now they're tossed on the unfinished pile because she can't come and try them on to make sure they fit.  Maybe I will just rip them out again and make hats.  I don't know, at a loss about it right now.


Ok, well here's hoping things are better tomorrow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment