Monday, July 2, 2012

Sorry, the earth started moving at hyperspeed...

And I just couldn't keep up with it for a while!

But here I am, back again, and only a smidgen more sleep deprived than last time.  I have (finally) found full time employment again, and am keeping my part time job just because I like it for as long as I can.  Was thinking for only 2 months, but one of those has already flown by.  Maybe until school starts again.

What have I been doing other than working and sleeping you ask?... Well really not much.  As of Saturday the 30th of June, I began the Tour De Fleece challenge on Ravelry.  All the TDF challenge is comprised of is challenging yourself to spin daily and make your own yarnie goodness.  I have spun both days on my spinning wheel (which has yet to get a name), and this is my progress so far:


  It has gone from this lovely lump of Teal colored Merino Roving to half of a bobbin of single plied wool the first day, and a full bobbin of single plied wool on the second day.  Eventually this week or next weekend it shall turn into 3 ply yarn...  Today I am taking my drop spindle and some plain white wool to work to spin some there.




 I have also begun constructing my brother a fountain pen roll so he can keep his most used fountain pens in and easily identifiable location.  For this i have chosen a couple of Hawaiian print fabrics to use, and just need to go to JoAnn's fabrics tomorrow and get the threads to use.  Lets just say with the new sleeping/eating/working schedule i haven't had much time or desire to leave the house to do errands.  Sleeping has definitely taken priority over any other ideas I had about this summer.

Another thing I have started playing with lately is painting my nails.  I know, how girly is that?!  No one ever said i wasn't a girl!  I have started water marbling, and love it, getting the hang of it is easy after the first very messy try.  Right now my new favorite is doing a dark bottom coat, with sparkly tips, and a nice thick clear top coat.  I love them sparkles!  I am not much of a make up type of person, but this nails thing is a blast.  I guess its another way to be creative that I can show everyone else because my nails are always with me... Or so I hope!  My nails have never been particularly long or strong, But I'm trying to change that. I have been using some nail strengthener as well as a strengthening base coat that for every nail but one is helping.  The single nail not seeing much improvement is my right hand pointer finger.  I think its because thats the one hand and finger i do all of my poking/prodding/examining/opening with. Its still short and nubby and makes me sigh.  I have gotten into the habit of at least peeling the stickers at work off with my box knife to save my manicure... that has helped tremendously.  Now to get used to using various tools at my disposal for other things.


K is with her dad in Ohio for a week, just left Saturday, coming back this Saturday.  I miss her already, and am hoping she's having a good time.  Thinking about calling in between my jobs on my drive to see if I can talk to her.  If I call when I get off work, it will be way too late to talk.  Darn time zone differences. 


My garden is doing amazing!  I need to take pictures of it and my patio plants and show how much they have grown from earlier this year!  My Juane Flamme tomatoes have even set fruit that are beginning to ripen! Yay!  All the other plants are just blossoming right now.  I can not WAIT for fresh tomatoes!!


Well, thats just about everything for the run down of May/June.  Hope to write again before August rolls around!

No comments:

Post a Comment