Saturday, October 1, 2011

Oh the excitement!

Why the excitement you ask?

BECAUSE!!! I sold my first item on Etsy today!  So excited!  I sold my lacy hat that was part of my first posts!  I washed it today, it is laying out drying as we speak, and Monday I get to package it up and send it out!  Oh I'm so excited!  I was doing the happy dance all morning long.  And if you know me, you know its not a pretty sight LOL!


K is soaring along on her knitting.  We brought our knitting with us to T's swimming lesson this morning, and she worked on it for about half the lesson.  She even showed cousin A what she could do! Cousin A and her are only 1 month apart.  Cousin A asked if I could teach her too.  Rather exciting morning really!

I really should have updated last night as well as today.  My current project that took most of the day yesterday was making my own interchangeable/double pointed needle case.  The first one is a bit large for both sets of needles tho, and a little too short for regular needle :(  So I'm making a second one.  I think I'll "make" some needles for K.  AKA: get some longer DPN, Fimo clay, and "make" ends on the DPN.  Thanks to the designer Frankie Brown, without whom I'd not have that type of inspiration!  That, and I think that a lot of her patterns will be K's Christmas presents this year to various family members!  The needle inspiration came from the pattern for the needle roll.  She explains the "colorful needles" and how she makes them.

So with all that said and done, here's the pics of the finished roll:



Not bad all in all, just not finished as nice as I'd like.  I am going to make a second one, a little shorter in the white as the main color, blue as the binding/tie.  It works nicely for my circular needles and the stitch gauge.  But the DPN/ Interchangeables disappear in the pocket :(

Oh well.  Will be a nice present for K for Christmas? Maybe birthday?  Her birthday is in 2 weeks! Geez!  Ok, maybe Christmas.

Anyhow, everyone have a great day!  I need to finish making my goodies for the Borders employee party.  Mini Pumpkin Pies.  Can't beat them!

No comments:

Post a Comment