Thursday, October 13, 2011

Unemployment makes time fly!

I swear, I try to come here more than once a week to post, but I somehow get lost along the way by either cleaning things, making things, or just doing things.  I will try to do better, I promise!  So what have I been doing this last week?  Helping my daughter with her reading.  She is now reading to me when I knit.  Like my very own live audio book!  Pretty cool, and its also helping her comprehension when she reads.  When she reads silently I couldn't ask her any questions about what happened, because "I don't know" became the standard answer.  So we started her reading out loud to me.  Now when she is asked what happened, she can tell you, and make a paragraph of what she read!

This last week was not as hectic as I make it sound.  Yes, I cleaned the house in 2 days, but other than that it was knitting and making a hat (or two) in a weeks timeAlso, listed on my Etsy shop are both those hats.  Hoping for good vibes to sell those items.  Hubby asks that I make 40k a year with my Etsy business.  I thought $15 in a month was awesome!  Guess he has higher expectations. 




Now off to do my first colorwork hat!  (Aka fair isle without the Scottish influence.)  I am working on a project for myself again.  First one was my neck warmer to go with my glovettes.  Now, its a Mickey Mouse hat!  Its really cute, and I might be able to make a scarf out of the pattern too... maybe.  Mind you this is only my second time doing stranded color work.  First time was a sweater for a child that didn't exist yet.  It got me a 2nd overall in the fair when I was 16.... I was so super duper proud of that!

 What a beautiful little model of that sweater!  This sweater is 12 years old and lives in my closet because the children in question are now too big for it.  Disappointing.  The Mickey Mouse hat is black/red/cream color, and today is measuring about 1 inch long.  I am so excited to see it take shape.  Of course my husband is not as thrilled about it as I am.  He'd prefer me to make other things.  I will let your imagination take shape with that phrase, I am sure you'll do just fine with filling in the blanks.    


One of my new favorite blogs, just from a knitting point of view is TECHknitting, who has some awesome tips, techniques, and illustrations on making things like color splicing, blocking, technical stuff about knitting easier to understand.  Quite awesome, and a lot of help!

Ok blogger world, I am off to knit some more, clean some more, and as a general rule, stay out of trouble... We all can dream can't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment