Sunday, September 25, 2011

What to do now?

Its been a while.  I have been having the roughest week ever!  Filed for unemployment Monday, started getting the sniffles Tuesday, Wed was the nauseated day (cuz i mixed dayquil with my allergy meds, not a fun experience), was generally lost Thursday and Friday.  Saturday was my Farmers Market day, and with that I went on  a side trip to CDA Yarn and Fiber!  Oh what a fun time that was!


So, battling a headache all day long, I went to see what was at CDA Yarn and Fiber.  It is a small location, on the north side of East Sherman Ave, right beside Burts Music and Sound (another one of my "stay away" shops, or I will come home with a complete stringed instrument collection!).  Its a small cozy shop JAM PACKED with yarn!  OMG, it was yarntastic heaven!  I spent an hour and a half just wandering back and forth feeling yarn, looking at the yarn, playing with the display models she (Andrea the owner) knitted up.  MY GOD!  If i had a million dollars, i'd have a home that looked like her shop.  It was so funny, there were regulars in there the whole time chatting me up about how they love the shop.  That made me love the shop too.  Andrea told me about the knitting circles that happen Wed mornings 11:30-1, and Tuesday evenings 5-7, and was encouraging me to come.  I did say how its hard for me, with T in Kindergarten getting out of school at 11:40 daily and then both kids by my lonesome until 6 that it just wasn't feasible for me to come hang out for 30 min :(  It made me sad.  BUT if anyone should volunteer to come watch the kids Tuesday evenings for an hour... (HINT HINT LOL!)


It was so hard for me to walk out of there without buying anything, so I bought something!  I only bought ONE skein, so its not like i was breaking the bank, but my gosh its pretty, and i think K will enjoy a pair of socks from it greatly!




Isn't she pretty?  Its a brand called "happy" by a company called "Wendy", and she is 75% Bamboo, 25% Nylon sock yarn.  I think K will LOVE the socks, don't you?  It is soooo soft, and decently priced, I couldn't pass her up!  This is the astrology line (don't know why), and this is the Virgo color.  It was either this one, or Pisces, which was a verigated blue color.   I have enough blue at home, i don't  need more.  But i don't have much pink.  This will make a lovely pair of socks someday.


Speaking of K:  Also on the upcoming front:  K wants to learn to knit! ZOMG I am so happy!  My little girl wants to do something!  Makes me super happy that I borrowed a whole bunch of knitting needles from my mother.  Apparently I have a thing for the middle sizes.  I had size 5-8 (but only a single needle of the 5, and a single needle of the 8 and i know the reason.  He's short, blonde and adorable when he play's swords)  So my mom let me borrow some smaller sizes, and the 8-10's.  She has triplicate of the needles anyway.  But its ok, I love her, and she lets me borrow the needles.  I think thats where I got my crafty pack rattiness from.  She did warn me on Saturday that its going to be messy, dropped stitches and random increases everywhere!  Thank goodness for Ravelry.com and its group of knitting teachers (K is for Knit) and their really helpful advice and first project tips.  Maybe we can do a few pot holders, maybe some coffee mug sweaters for Christmas... I have patterns saved up from there for ideas for her and I to make for Christmas.  I am so super excited she wants to share in the crafty experience too!  Reminds me of me!  I like it when she reminds me of me and not her dad... grrrr...   Ok, well then, I have rambled quite thoroughly, it is time for me to ramble off and do other things, like work on my shawl, or work on my socks, etc.  Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment